- 5 lb blade or chuck roast
- 1 pckg gravy mix
- 1 pckg ranch dressing mix
- 1 pckg onion soup mix
- 1 can beer
- place the beer in the bottom of the instant pot, then place the roast in.
- sprinkle the rest of the packages on top and around the roast
- close the instant pot and seal it.
- press the meat/stew button and set for a 120min cook time. let it decrompress (natural release). remove and serve.
We have made this recipe with many different cuts of roast, it doesn’t seem to matter what cut you use it comes out melt in your mouth tender.
This isn’t rare or even pink, it’s very well done, but falls apart because it is so tender. I use it mostly for the tougher cuts of meat that would take hours to cook in the slow cooker to get mediocre results. This makes the tough cuts fall apart tender. It is also worth mentioning that the liquid makes the best tasting gravy. I generally make a roux and then make the gravy using that.
I also suggest you save 2 cups of the broth from this recipe to use to make these pork chops
You can freeze the 2 cups of broth to use to make the pork chops at a later date.