A friend of ours shared this recipe with us a while back and I finally got a chance to make it. It is a fantastic way to cook pork chops if you you are looking for something different.
- 3 to 4 bone in pork chops
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cups shallots chopped
- 1/4 cups of white wine
- 1 1/2 cups of spinach
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- lather pork cops with Dijon mustard and season with black pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano and sea salt. add chops to skillet and let cook for 8 minutes per side.
- while chops are cooking, add bacon to wok and cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- when chops are halfway done, add mushrooms and shallots to wok and cook for 2 minutes. finally add white wine and spinach to wok and let simmer another 5 minutes.
- stir occasionally and finish with lemon juice on top.
- once chops are done, add mushroom sauce on top of meat and enjoy.
just as a side note I just barely sprinkled garlic powder on ours because my hubby doesn’t love garlic and they were still fantastic.